NON-CONFORMANCE REDUCTION MANAGEMENT
We provided a fully managed service to support commercial and military aircraft engine design and manufacturing for a major global aero engine manufacturer.
We have worked with our client since 2013 to manage non-conformance across engine programmes to enable on-time delivery whilst maintaining product integrity and safety. Operational non-conformance management is essential to achieve better turnaround times and improve quality, delivery and cost.
Our 60 strong team, co-located with the clients’ engineering teams on the customer site, provide a comprehensive and autonomous managed service that investigates, sentences and eliminates non-conformance.
By utilising our full suite of concession management capabilities and tools, we were able to:
- Investigate and sentence non-conformance
- Reduce the number of concessions and eliminate non-conformance
- Provide effective and responsive operational management
- Ensure product manufactured meets specification – if required, controlled, investigated and approved through a product change process
- Reduce scrap levels
- Supply Chain Engagement (Internal and External)
- Set up Supplier Workshops
- Develop Improvement Plans
Over a 12 month period, we reviewed 14,000 concessions and managed and investigated 320 specification changes to assist the customers’ supply chain. Concession TRT improved by 60%.